[mythtv-users] Could not connect to the master backend server

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Mar 3 07:38:47 UTC 2009

Jos Hoekstra schreef:
> Paul van der Vlis schreef op 2-3-2009 21:21:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When I press "Watch TV" in mythfrontend it says:
>> ---
>> Could not connect to the master backend server -- is it running?
>> Is the IP address set for it in the setup program correct?
>> ---
>>
>> Yes, it is running:
>> recorder:~# ps ax | grep myth
>>  2810 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon --logfile
>> /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --pidfile /var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid
>>
>> Is there a way to test this server?  Telnet works fine:
>> recorder:~# telnet localhost 6543
>> Trying 127.0.0.1...
>> Connected to localhost.
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>>
>> And yes, the IP address is set in the backend setup program, it is
>> 127.0.0.1 because the frontend and the backend are on the same machine.
>> I checked it in the database.
>
> Weird, frontend and backend are looking at the same place, so not
> localhost and 127.0.0.1?

How does the frontend find the backend? Over the information in the
database? Or does it try localhost when upnp is not found?

>> I will put the logs at the end of this message. The only error I see is:
>> 2009-03-02 21:00:13.674 Channel(/dev/video0) Error:
>> GetCurrentChannelNum(5): Failed to find Channel
>
> Did you configure any channels?

Yes, two channels for testing.

> Are you using a grabber?

I've tried tv_grab_nl_py what I found here:
http://wiki.mythtv.nl/index.php/Grabbers
I took very long and gave errors. I think it did not connect to the
backend, but it did connect to the database.

Which grabber are you using?

> Did you match frequencies to channelnames?

I've used "--manual", but the script did not ask me anything.

Does the backend not work without the information from the grabber?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/