[mythtv-users] discarding original file after transcoding

Stephen Shelton stephen at stephenashelton.com
Mon Mar 2 20:54:14 UTC 2009

I've got some shell script wrappers that do some transcoding. While they work
well, they still do not overwrite the original file or touch the myth database.
I'd like to incorporate that into my scripts, but have a couple questions:

1) What all is required here? Of the fields on the 'recorded' table, I'll
obviously need to modify filesize, and basename if I rename the file. I'm
guessing the video length is (endtime - starttime), so I either need to have
those times not reflect the air times, or have the length not reflect the final
video length. Not a big deal. Do I want to clear the cutlist or commercial flags
(will they cause me pains otherwise?)

2) The basename doesn't really let me put my transcoded files into a separate
directory. To accomplish this, do I want to change storage groups?

3) Will I run into trouble by running ad-hoc sql statements to accomplish the
above?

--
Stephen Shelton
stephen at stephenashelton.com