[mythtv-users] SPDIF Optical Out Sound Card

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Mon Mar 2 13:02:21 UTC 2009

> From: Allen Edwards
>
> I was told by ASUS that all their motherboards have spdif connectors
> on them.

This is interesting to me. My old laptop is an Asus and it has two
miniplug sockets, one with the icon of a mike and the other with both
the icon of headphones AND the sign "S/PDIF" next to it. From what you
say, it might be possible that this plug functions as both.

Now, what could I do with that S/PDIF connection? Are there any cables
that would allow me to plug that into a composite audio input (two RCA
connectors) on my TV? Would that be better than using a cable with a
stereo miniplug on one end and the composite plugs on the other?

Thanks for any pointers,

--
Gonzalo Diethelm
DCV - Chile