[mythtv-users] DVI to HDMI what about th eaudio??? [FIXED]

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 06:16:55 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/3/2 A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com>
>>
>> Well I've got it working.. actually it looks like it's working as it
>> should after modifying the EDID.bin. I was having lock-up issues not only
>> with Rythmbox but also with OpenOffice due to "Visual Effects" being enabled
>> - all lockups disappeared and I have sound and correct resolution on the TV,
>> very cool!!!
>>
>> I want to thank everyone who posted, it's been a learning experience for
>> me for sure...
>>
>> So for posterity I'm going to post how I got it working in the hopes to
>> help someone in the future...
>>

> This is great information ; thank you.
>
> Been having this issue with my 9400GT ; where I couldn't get any sounds on
> the TV when connected via DVI..

I just wanted to put out the the group that this MB is capable of
putting sound out the DVI port and with a DVI to HDMI cable and should
play with the TV directly.

People have done it with Vista although it remains to be seen if
installing the new alsa version is going to allow this to be done with
linux.  I would be surprised if it would not work given what people
have done with other MBs but linux surprises me all the time.

Obviously, any hdmi video card can put sound out the hdmi port with
the addition of a jumper from the BM to the video card.

For hdmi audio, alsa 1.0.18 or later is required.

Allen