[mythtv-users] Recordings Playback too fast on Frontend, fine on Backend

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 06:05:24 UTC 2009

Just replaced my OTA tuners with an HDHomerun, pulling video from QAM.
Recordings happen as expected, but when I go to playback the recordings,
some (FOX it seems) playback tooo fast, as if I've increased the
playback speed, and the video & audio don't sync.  Also of note is that
the recording time length (say 59:32) is half of what it should be (say
30:21).  The backend plays the recordings fine (though also shows the
time length incorrect, and seconds take twice as long to tick by), and
VLC will play the recordings fine on my Vista PC.  Ideas?

Gentoo 2.6.28-gentoo-r1 kernel
Nvidia 177.82 drivers
Mythtv 0.21_p19961-r1

-JK