[mythtv-users] DVI to HDMI what about th eaudio???

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 22:55:30 UTC 2009

Hopefully this will be a learning thread for others that run into a similar
problem...

I'm a bit confused on the link between alsa and xorg.conf. I was under the
impression that xorg was video only?

running asound -l gets me nothing, "command not found"

When referring to updating alsa are we talking about CVS? I am currently
running 120.29 Nvidia.

"I am quite certain that your problem with no sound via HDMI is software
related. There are a few threads on this on this mailing list. Try to search
the mailing list archives."

Since I was able to get sound when disabling EDID in xorg.conf wouldn't that
prove that the sound is up to snuff?

Thanks,