[mythtv-users] Interfacing Zotac IONITX to Analog TV

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 08:36:27 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Andrew
MacIsaac<macisaac.andrew at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am considering getting a Zotac IONITX-C-U for use as a MythTV frontend and
> am trying to determine if I will be able to connect it to my Toshiba CX32H60
> TV, which has component (YPbPr), S-Video, and composite inputs.  Basically,
> I would like to know if anyone thinks this is easily doable (for example,
> does the DVI connector supply analog outputs?).  My preference would be to
> use the component inputs if possible.  For the time being I am mostly
> interested in playing back recorded NTSC TV programs, and will not need HD
> until such time as I replace the TV.

I asked essentially the same thing here a few weeks ago, plus I
searched the web far and wide, but I didn't find anything that would
suggest that this is possible.  It seemed like it would require
spending around $100 on a VGA/TV converter, cheaper ones generally
being poorly reviewed.  In the end, I got rid of the monster 160-pound
32" TV and replaced it with a 32" LCD TV, which can display even SD
recordings much clearer than the tube TV.

Jim