[mythtv-users] mythbackend sometimes goes to 100%

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 27 07:31:13 UTC 2009

On 2009-06-19 16:25, Adam Felson wrote:
> About 18-24 months ago, mythweb's recorded programs page would cause
> mythbackend to go to 100%.
>
> This has mostly been fixed, but I still occasionally find mythbackend at 100%
> and have to kill it.  It's mostly just an annoyance, but it does cook the
> cpu.

What is wrong with 100%?
Why don't you want to use the CPU power you have?
Why is it cooking? Increase cooling.

> I'm using the release-0-21-fixes branch of svn.

That does not say it is not needing fixes.

You have to discern between the main mythbackend task and various jobs
being started to postprocess the recorded video and whatever.
You are in control, you decide if and why these jobs are started.