[mythtv-users] multiple instances of mythbackend running

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Fri Jun 26 19:35:15 UTC 2009

Steve Reilly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> have been having a problem last couple days where numerous instances of
> mythbackend run for some reason.  see below, theres 2 under my user
> account and one under mythtv user.  its only suppose to be myth user
> correct?  look at the load average!!!  i dont think ive *ever* see it
> that high?! only way i found out is things very recently became *very*
> sluggish on this 3.2 ghz amd x2 which basically never happens otherwise.
> havent done anything to the box last week other than add the graphite
> theme, and fix fonts.

I had a similar problem once upon a time. I am running Mythbuntu 9.04
and was installing updates through vnc. When I restarted the computer I
checked the box to save my session. When the system came back up I had
two instances of mythfrontend running. One from the saved session and
one from the startup script for the window manager. It took me a minute
to figure things out. That does not sound like your problem, but fyi for
others.

Cheers,
James