[mythtv-users] Ubuntu upgrade from 8.10 -> 9.04?

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Fri Jun 26 05:50:52 UTC 2009

Shadowfirebird wrote:
> Anyone done this on a MythTV box?  How did it go -- any gotchas I
> should watch for?

I've been having 1 problem since the upgrade - it's only minor, but ...

The upgrade manager now seems to want to launch itself, and grab the focus.

However the MythTV Front-end must raise itself above the upgrade manager
window, but ... it does not grab the focus.

This gives me a very negative WAF, since it appears that the Myth box is
locked up, since the focus is on a hidden window (which is rejecting all
the standard keystrokes).

If someone knew of a setting to get the upgrade manager to get back into
the task-bar where it belongs, that would be grand.  That said, it only
happens once a week or so, and most of the time I find it first, so it's
not a problem.

cheers,
-kt