[mythtv-users] MythArchive problems with selecting audio tracks

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu Jun 25 17:24:18 UTC 2009

Thomas Mørch wrote:
> Hi..
>
> I have a couple of recordings, all with 4 different language tracks,
> that I want to burn to a DVD for the kids. I want to have the original
> soundtrack (english) and then danish.
>
> Unfortunately MythArchive always puts swedish / norvegian sound tracks
> on the dvd.
>
> Is there a way to specify which tracks it should use for the DVD's?
> (config file?)
>
> I'm using .21 fixes release
>
> Regards
> Thomas

MythArchive uses the two preferred language  settings to chose which
tracks it should use so try changing those settings to the languages you
want.  The  first audio track on the DVD should be the language set as
the #1 guide language. The second track on the DVD should be the same
language as the #2 setting if it's different from the first one
otherwise it will be missing. All this relies on the language set in the
streams being correct and the processing done during the DVD creation
process  is properly preserving the language.

The  MythArchive wiki page does have some info on this in the
troubleshooting section
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythArchive

Paul H.