[mythtv-users] vdpau sanity check

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 20:21:28 UTC 2009

> You can blame Hollywood for that one.  It's called the "Protected Audio
> Path".  The way we want it to work makes sense from a logical POV, but
> apparently, not from a monetary POV.

I realized it was done intentionally, thats why I marked the comment as a
gripe and not really a question of why its not working.
  A. It doesn't make logical sense to me why they would care that much about
the audio as long as you protect the video in an av stream.
  B. If its a "protected path" it would imply there is an in and an out.
There is only an "in" for the full audio stream. They should have to inlcude
an hdmi output in my opinion if this is what they are going to do.