[mythtv-users] xvmc-opengl missing?

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Wed Jun 24 14:27:22 UTC 2009

I just recently moved from 20344 to 20732 and am having a bitch of a time
getting video to playback now.

I reverted back to 20344 and restored the database, issue resolved. But I
found the cause. Xvmc-opengl is missing.

I am using the same config options I was using before but the option is
nolonger there. What happens is that, when watching tv or a recording that
requires xvmc to play, it uses xvmc-blit instead. When this happens either 1
of 2 things occur, segfault of the frontend, or video plays and skips,
because xvmc is not actually being used.

I have an nvidia card in the system, one that does not support vdpau, so
using nvidia's vxmc is my only solution.

With mythtv.org being down I am not able to search the subversion commit
history to see if anything would have caused this change, or if there is a
different option needed in the config. Thou looking through the config I do
not see any new options for xvmc-opengl.

Anyone able to help?

Marc