[mythtv-users] OT: UK Freesat HD channels

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Jun 24 12:32:16 UTC 2009

On 24 Jun 2009, at 10:41, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> in that case. Until I looked, I assumed we had all the US imports in
> HD.

Not yet.

> With just the two HD channels, if I upgraded my system, I'd still
> spend most of the time watching SD, and I doubt I'd improve on
> the quality I currently have.

I find that BBC HD is most of what I watch now that I have HD
capability, there's a few more things on ITV HD now, not a proper
channel by anyone's standards but some good programmes, Kingdom,
Stephen Tompkinson's Balloon misadventure, Law & Order UK was good,
Lewis (although picture quality was questionable for this one).
There's football as well I'm told ;-)

Luxe TV has a HD channel (not Freesat but MythTV doesn't care, it's
free to air) and the odd Destinations or Tech programme is ok, picture
is usually excellent but content is entirely "promotional" in a high
class way though.

If you have access to Astra 1 at 19East a German friend tells me that
CSI is available in 720p with English soundtrack, many of the US
imports have English sound on an additional audio track.

Andre