[mythtv-users] Please help

Peter Hocking peter at thehockings.org
Wed Jun 24 08:09:03 UTC 2009

mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:13:58 +1200
> From: "Robin Gilks" <g8ecj at gilks.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Please help
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>

> >> My MythTV PC produces empty files when recording, but can be used for
> >> watching live TV.
> >> Using Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit with HD Homerun tuner. Any idea, tips or
> >> solutions?
> >>

> Check the storage groups (in mythtv-setup) - it could be that you have
> different directories for LiveTV and for Default and the latter does not
> exist or it doesn't have enough space (based on the parameter that says
> how much disk space to keep free) so nothing gets saved.
>
> Also check on the wiki for options on how to run the backend with extra
> log information so you can see what happens when you try to record.

Hi Robin

In my experimentation last night & during today, I've discovered that I can successfully record a show if I am watching it on live TV & press R. It then records it to the end of the show, (or at least the time my
listing says it finishes).

I've checked the storage groups, theres only 1, (default), & it's /var/lib/mythtv/recordings

When I look at that folder I can see all the empty files plus the successful recordings I've achieved when I've started the recording while watching the show.

Where do I set the parameter that says how much space to keep free?

Thanks,

Peter