[mythtv-users] No HDMI audio

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Tue Jun 23 16:29:21 UTC 2009

On 23 Jun 2009 at 2:24, Jim Stichnoth wrote:

> Sorry for yet another digital audio thread.

---snip---

> Any suggestions on how to proceed?  Does anyone have positive
> experience with HDMI audio on this motherboard, the Gigabyte
> GA-E7AUM-DS2H?
>
> Jim

Jim, I'm using this board and audio over HDMI works great here. In fact I
LOVE this board for MythTV.

I'm not sure I can tell you how to proceed. I loaded Ubuntu 9.04, then
MythBuntu over it. Audio over HDMI worked right off with the open source
video drivers so I was encouraged that the hardware would do it, but I had no
sound with the nVidia 180.whatever driver.

go here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki?title=AllensDigitalAudioHowto

It's a walkthrough on how to get this working. I don't remember how I got it to
work, but I had it working with the 180 driver after about the second or third
step.

Also, It is my understanding that some TV sets have issues with audio over
HDMI from a MythTV box. Whatever those issues may be, apparently my
Philips 47" LCD TV does not have them.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Marvin