[mythtv-users] Streamzap recognizes button release, not press

Brad DerManouelian bderman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 14:21:26 UTC 2009

On Jun 18, 2009, at 5:48 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2009, at 5:36 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
>> It would be a function of the receiver, not the remote, if this is
>> the problem I'm thinking it might be. Do you have an actual
>> StreamZap remote you can test with?
>
> In a box somewhere. I just moved so I have no idea where it might
> be. I used to use it with my Mythbuntu AppleTV but I don't remember
> if that had the problem or not. I'll try to dig it up and report back.

I found my original streamzap remote and discovered it is sending the
correct (press) commands and I'm getting repeats as expected. I had my
Harmony 880 learn all the codes from the original remote and it's now
working correctly. It appears that the information in the Logitech
database for streamzap is for button releases, not presses. Hopefully
this message will help someone else in the future with this setup.

-Brad