[mythtv-users] Recording via Firewire on DCT6412

moodyjunk at frontiernet.net moodyjunk at frontiernet.net
Tue Jun 23 00:43:42 UTC 2009

>are you sure you have your stb tuned to a non 5C channel?  i would >first
>test on a HD local channel.  Such as ABC or CBS.

I am begining to be concerned that my STB may output ONLY 5C channels.  I currently record clear QAM channels 2-13 via HD5500 on channels such as 2-1, 4-1, etc.  However, my STB doesn't allow any way of entering such channel numbers, so I don't know of anyway to prove that the STB is tuning non-5C channels.

Is there any way to prove one way or the other if a particular channel is 5C protected or not?

>Also try unplugging stb from power, turn pc off. > let box power >up, plug in
>firewire and then boot pc and retry.

I tried this sequence to no avail.  Thanks for the ideas.