[mythtv-users] Minimum hardware recomendation

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:08:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Allen Edwards<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Here is one potential starting point.  It's probably possible to do
>> better.
>>
>> $160 Zotac IONITX "C" version from Amazon (includes power brick)
>> $30 2GB DRAM
>> $30 Streamzap IR receiver + remote
>> $90 500GB laptop hard drive
>> $145 HDHR
>> $30 network switch
>> $5 decorative 7"x7" cardboard box from Michael's for a case
>> $10 power button, power LED, HDD LED, jumper wires from Fry's
>
> This is a v
> It looks to me that you can get the Zotac boards either with or without the
> power module with a difference of about $20.  Add to that the $5 for the
> cardboard and the $10 for the buttons and you are at $35.  It also looks
> like you can get a real case for about $40 with a 200 watt power supply.
>  However, buying a low end power supply and having more capacity than needed
> is not always a good idea.  Having a place to securely mount the HD and the
> BM does seem like a good idea.  Being able to add a DVD drive so she can
> watch movies also seems like a good thing.
> Where do people come down on the power brick vs a case with power supply?
>  If the case, which one?
> Allen

Someone in another thread posted about using this case:
http://www.mini-box.com/M350-universal-mini-itx-enclosure?sc=8&category=87

It looks pretty nice and has Vesa mounting screws (for an extra $2) so
you can mount it to the back of a flat screen TV. What I want to know
is where's the Acre Aspire Revo for the the US (or any other prebuilt
Ion machine)?