[mythtv-users] Minimum hardware recomendation

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:52:58 UTC 2009

>>    If I were building from scratch I would start with an Antec Fusion
>> case and a C2D nv7x00 mATX board. Zotac even has such a board. I would
>> put a 2TB WD drive in it and probably not even bother with an optical
>> drive.
>>
> If your boxes are dedicated myth front ends, what on earth do you want to
> put 2TB hard drives in them for? For a dedicated myth front end, you don't
> need a disk at all: less noise, less power, less heat, smaller box.

I think he was saying what he would do for the application I proposed
which is a combined fe/be.

Seems that a TiVo might be a better way for her to go.  If the new
software was stable so that I could run one of these low power
Atom-Ion boards things would be different but I don't think I have
time to experiment and giving her development code doesn't seem like a
good idea.  Nobody has mentioned the backport so I assume it isn't an
option any more.  Perhaps some of the new fixes have left it in the
dust.  I see lots of posts with xxxx broke this or that.

Allen