[mythtv-users] Recorded files are empty

Peter Hocking peter at thehockings.org
Sun Jun 21 11:45:09 UTC 2009

I'm running the 64 bit version of Mythbuntu 9.04 with a HD Homerun
tuner. Live TV works fine, but any shows that I record are reported as
empty files.

When I first set up the HD Homerun, all shows recorded on the first
tuner were fine, but the any shows recorded using the 2nd tuner were
empty. I attempted to fix by resetting up my input connections as it was
suggested to me they were broken. This didn't fix it, it just meant that
shows recorded using both tuners were empty.

I've re-installed Mythbuntu & set it up a number of times. Each time
live TV is fine, but any shows I record are blank.

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?

TIA

Peter