[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 10:00:15 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/6/21 Josh Mastronarde <jmastron at gmail.com>:
> The good news is that I found trunk changeset 18965
> (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/18965) addresses this exact
> issue that came up in trunk after the mpeg.c change was applied there
> (it touches *other* files but not mpeg.c, which is why I didn't see it
> before).  I applied the pieces of this in my now-fixed-setup, and I am
> now able to play both of your "bad files".  This was all on my
> original 20212 version; I will create a clean latest 0.21-fixes, make
> a new backport patch, and confirm there.

Good spotting.

I was pulling my hairs trying to understand what actually made the
difference since I updated ffmpeg on my local 0.21 ... I had missed
that change somehow.

This changeset applies almost cleanly on 0.21-fixes... However, as it
relies on an updated ffmpeg, I'm not sure it will work well across the
board.