[mythtv-users] moving backend to another machine

allan sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 21 09:27:51 UTC 2009

Hi All

I'm about to move my master backend to another machine and was going to
do this by taking a backup of the database, then copying it across to
the new backend machine.  I am moving the backend in order to
consolidate power resources

I want to copy the database so that I can preserve things such as custom
keys (for my remote) and other frontend customisations that are stored
on the database.

Is this a good idea or should I start from scratch?

Am I likely to come up against some major problems?

(the new machine has a different IP address  e.t.c.. as the machine is
my router, webserver, file server, dhcp and dns  box so changing the
network configuration would have a whole heap of flow on effect to to
the rest of the machines and devices on my network..)

cheers

Allan