[mythtv-users] Firewire and the Motorola DCX-3200

Derek Tattersall tatters at newsguy.com
Sun Jun 21 04:51:00 UTC 2009

Things seem to be moving backward. I got my new DCX-3200 cable box
installed and it was working in mythtv for about 1/2 hour. Then my
computer crashed. I had to do a hard reset of the PC. I also reset the
cable box, although it seemed to be working.

Now whenever I try to view video through mythfrontend, or using
test-mpeg2, my computer crashes.

Is there any kind of howto on setting up a firewire cable box that
applies to kernel 2.6.29? I looked at the howtos on the mythtv.org site,
and they seem a bit out of date.