[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend crashes when running trunk

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 17:27:11 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/5/30 nik gibson <nik.gibson at gmail.com>:
> No it's 32-bit across the board.
>
> Mythfrontend is a link to a shell script.  Within the shell script it's
> running /usr/bin/mythfrontend.real, I'll try executing gdb against that
> executable.
>
> file /usr/bin/mythfrontend
> /usr/bin/mythfrontend: symbolic link to `../share/mythtv/mythfrontend.sh'

I know it's a bit late for an answer; but I've just faced the same
issues after upgrading to trunk.

There were two reasons.

First one was a crash during the initialisation of mythplugins. The
culprit was mythstream 0.18 ; which is linked against libqt3-mt : this
will cause myth to segfault.

The 2nd crash I've experienced is when loading the themes (even those
non active) would see libpng12 segfault. A few culprit here, uninstall
*all* themes designed for 0.21 ; in mythbuntu packages those are the
ones with version 0.21-fixesxxxx

Uninstall those.

I'm building packages that I hope will remove some issues there; but
there are themes with version number like 2008xxxx which makes mythtv
trunk crash , and it's impossible to cater for all of them

Jean-Yves