[mythtv-users] MythTV + iPod Touch

Scott Harris mythtv at webhounds.net
Sat Jun 20 15:32:48 UTC 2009

Scott Harris wrote:
> Jeff Thurston wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a better way of exporting recordings to an iPod
>> touch?
>> I use mythrename+handbrake, but would like to make this as simple as
>> possible for the wife...
>>
>> I've tried Mythexport with limited success, but that might be due to
>> ffmpeg.
>
> Like the OP, I also use ffmpeg, in a user job, thusly:
>
> /usr/bin/ffmpeg -i "%DIR%/%FILE%" -f mp4 -vcodec mpeg4 -b 1200kb  -g 300
>  -ab 192 -s 320x240 -aspect 4:3 "/video/ipod/%TITLE%-%SUBTITLE%.mp4"
>
> You just navigate to the recording you want (via myth) and have it
> processes the job.  I have it output to a directory that is accessible
> via http so then she can just hit the web site and start watching.  She
> doesn't have to sync anything this way.
>
> Scott

Well, good things can't last forever.  With the release of the 3.0
software, .mp4 formats won't stream directly any more.  Very
unfortunate as I just purchased the new iphone 3GS.  My ipod touch
has the new 3.0 software and my wife's has the old version.  She
can still stream.

I haven't had time to research, but if I find a solution I'll reply.

Scott