[mythtv-users] HD-PVR video jittery only on HD channels

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Sat Jun 20 14:49:23 UTC 2009

I am running mythtv 0.22-209_Trunk_r20696 which I get from the bleeding repo from ATRPMS.  I do not have any problems with the distro except for when I try to record HD programming with the HD-PVR.  When I record an HD channel the video gets choppy (Pauses a lot).  I wondered if this was just my hardware so I moved the created mpeg from my backend to my windows box and tried to play the video with VLC and had the same problem with jittery video.  My CPU is not maxed out on my windows machine.

I also have updated my HD-PVR firmware to 1.5.6.  I should also mention that SD programming recorded with the HD-PVR plays fine.

Have other experienced this?  Is there something I can do to resolve this?

Thanks