[mythtv-users] MythTV - PVR or PVR-LIVE TV Combo

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 02:02:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> Its been repeated a number of times that mythtv devs focus on the PVR
> aspects and not live TV aspects - and that is why live TV is
> so buggy...  As much as I don't like that I have to accept that - and there
> are other live TV options which I can implement.
>
> My question is If this is so, why does mythtv not start on "recordings"
> instead of "Watch TV"
>
> If Live TV is not the focus, why always start mythtv on "Watch TV"???

The short answer is that in the "DVR" Menu theme, it is.  The long answer is
that there *has* been discussion to that exact effect (That Live TV should
be moved out of the way).  I can't tell you what will come of it, but it has
been discussed.

I will also say that there is at least one myth dev who is doing his best to
improve the Live TV situation, but it is a slow process and that he should
be left alone to do that work, and if it improves, it improves, and if it
doesn't, you're not out anything if you don't count on it too much.  :)

Robert