[mythtv-users] Myka is Shipping

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Jun 18 17:57:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 09:48:20AM -0700, Brad Fuller wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  >  "New Adventures of Old Christine" and "Criminal Minds" are
> > > always is a problem for me. But, I would imagine all prime time shows are
> > > the same.
> >
> > What sort of problem. Those are two I record here and they seem to
> > work fine for me week and week.
>

> they record just fine. It's playing back on the apple TV that doesn't quite
> work. Do you have an appleTV that plays them? If so, perhaps you could tell
> me what I need to do to tweak.

    I just made sure it was in the "highest" power saving level, that is the
one that throttles the system down the least. I wonder if it's just your local
station that's the problem.

    My h264 SD transcodes do very well. (better than an ATI based system I had)

    720p captures from my HDPVR using the myth-setup defaults almost manage
to run on my ATV and I have had good results with high bitrate 1080i broadcasts
from my local PBS affiliate.