[mythtv-users] Adjust MythTV brightness during playback?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 18 13:52:36 UTC 2009

On 06/18/2009 04:28 AM, Neil Bird wrote:
> Around about 12/06/09 16:04, Michael T. Dean typed ...
>> Right.  G is the default binding for "Recording picture adjustments
>> for this recorder" (TOGGLERECCONTROLS).  And Ctrl+G is the default
>> binding for "Recording picture adjustments for this channel"
>> (TOGGLECHANCONTROLS).
>   Don't recall seeing a <Ctrl-G> binding, but I've not double-checked
> yet.  Doesn't do anything, anyway.

<Ctrl-G> only works in LiveTV (as does G)--as they're setting recording
attributes.  They also only work if you're encoding (i.e. not with
digital capture).

And, besides, you /need/ to check MythControls to see what you've mapped
everything to.  I even gave you the names you'll see in
MythControls--TOGGLERECCONTROLS and TOGGLECHANCONTROLS.

>> ...   You seem to either a) have something else bound to
>> it or b) have a card that doesn't support Xv picture controls (i.e.
>> NVIDIA 6x00 or higher).
>   Looks like it's (b) (it's a relatively cheap 6200), which would also
> explain why I had to jump through hoops with mplayer as well.  Guess
> I'll stump up a little more next time I buy a gfx card :)

More would have gotten you a newer card, which also wouldn't have Xv
picture controls.  :)  And, really, getting a 5200 at this point is
probably a losing proposition as (if it didn't end up there with the 18x
series of drivers), it's likely to be on the nvidia proprietary driver
chopping block /very/ soon.

What you can do with the 6200 is use nvidia-settings to set the picture
controls globally.  The difference is that doing it through Myth will
affect only video playback.  Doing it through nvidia-settings will
affect all graphics (including the menus, other non-Myth programs, ...).

Mike