[mythtv-users] Myka is Shipping

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jun 17 22:06:06 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 15:33:46 Brad Fuller wrote:

> have you tried any ATSC captured program material? I'm wondering how well
> it does with HD mpeg2

Not yet, I just got it connected to my network today. My Myth system has only
PVR-captured material. I do have an HDHR, I'll have to connect it to my
antenna and receive our local digital station (note the singular), but I'll
have to wait for tonight to get any HD material, they only send that during
prime time (CBS affiliate).

I'm mainly concerned with HDPVR h264 material, that's the only way I'm going
to be able to get a lot of HD programming.

Is there any (legal) place to download an HD test clip from?

The makers claim it will play back 1080p material (BR rips would be the only
place to get that I guess), so it *should* be able to handle ATSC HD.

I'll certainly let you know as soon as I can set up a test.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org