[mythtv-users] Turn cable box off after recording

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Wed Jun 17 19:20:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 15:14 -0400, George Galt wrote:
> I assume that what you've done is
> set up 2 tuners using the same cable box -- one with a channel list
> that includes all non-5C channels that grabs from the cable box
> through firewire, and the other that includes only the 5C channels
> that tunes the cable box through firewire and gets the programming
> through s-video to the PVR-150.

Exactly.  And I created a new "input group" in mythtv-setup and set both
of them to the same new group.  I hope that's the right way to tell Myth
that it can't record from both the PVR svideo and firewire at the same
time.

> This sounds like a much better setup.  I'll have to give it a try.

Assuming that your firewire recording is completely stable, it is much
better.  I'm not convinced that mine is.

Of course, the best solution is a QAM tuner for the channels that aren't
encrypted, but I assume that we all know that here.