[mythtv-users] Those tasty Zotac boards

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jun 17 14:56:21 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 08:44:59 Raymond Wagner wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:
> > On Wednesday 17 June 2009 08:24:03 Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> >> This is probably more in line to what you're looking for:
> >>
> >> http://www.mini-box.com/Intel-D945GSEJT-Mini-ITX-Motherboard?sc=8&catego
> >>ry= 1178 D945GSEJT Fanless, UltraFlat mini-ITX motherboard
> >>
> >> Specs say total board height of 20mm (0.7in)
> >
> > Looks interesting, but they are awfully vague about what the video
> > hardware actually is.
>
> No they aren't.  It says right in the name '945GSE', meaning some form
> of the GMA950 graphics core.

Yeah, I just figured that out after I posted. I'd seen just a reference to a
VGA and a DVI port, which seemed "vague". Should have looked further before
speaking up.

There are a lot of so-called "enhanced" thin clients available. I've been
playing with a couple of these:

http://www.thinlabs.com/index.php/2009050337/Products/aden.html

I'm not sure how far I can push the VIA graphics, but the recent discussion of
the OpenChrome driver shows potential.

The units came with 2GB of flash, more than enough for a Myth frontend. If
they come out with ION-based units I'll be very interested, but I think I can
make them work with SD at least.

Todays "thin client" is yesterday's "screamer".

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org