[mythtv-users] Those tasty Zotac boards

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Jun 17 05:03:35 UTC 2009

    > Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:32:38 -0600
    > From: Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com>

    > I know replying to yourself is bad, but I've also just thought of:

    > Seal the entire unit watertight and fill the gap with mineral oil.

    > The oil acts as heat conductor to the case, which then dissipates the
    > heat via convection.

Oh, excellent!  That should also allow you to submerge the entire unit
to great depths without implosion; then you could show high-definition
movies to the fishies.

(Of course, most display devices would be problematic at such depths
due to their construction technologies; it would be difficult to make
them implosion-proof without unreasonably strong enclosures.  Maybe
you could wire into a cuttlefish's nervous system and use its
chromatophores as your output device; they certainly seem to have
the bandwidth and response time required!)