[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Josh Mastronarde jmastron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 21:16:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:

> Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> says:
> > > Is there a way of getting the updates for this if I don't compile
> > > myself? I'm on a 32 bit Centos 5.2 box with ATrpms as the MythTV
> > > repo.
> >
> > I believe the bijou packages at ATrpms have this patch too ;
> > Yeechang would have to confirm...
>
> They do not. I tried the patch out a while back and recordings I'd
> transcoded into MPEG4 from MPEG2 no longer played with it.

 Yeechang,

Can you give more details -- perhaps the command line you used for the
transcode, and the output of "ffmpeg -i <file>.mp4"?  I'd like to dig into
this further -- the patch was from the latest ffmpeg source that'll be
in trunk/0.22, so it'd be worth seeing if it's a problem with the parts I
didn't touch interacting, a file issue, or an issue with the new probe code
(the last 2 of which will become issues with 0.22).  The problem I was
originally fixing was an issue playing h.264 mp4 files, and that solution
turned out to fix the long delay issue also, so I'm curious what's going on
with your files.

Thanks,

Josh