[mythtv-users] Increasing ATSC signal strength going into DVB card

Vern spamvern at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 17:28:06 UTC 2009

Is your antennae UHF, VHF, or both?

The reason I ask that is because I had a very similar problem (still do).  I use a UHF only antennae for ATSC and it worked great.  I always thought all DTV was going to be in the UHF frequency range.  After the switch over last week, I had two channels that were very low (10%) and not usable at all (not found on scan) even though the others were all very high (80-90).  After a lot of messing with the antenna on the roof and getting them up to about 40% tops, I discovered with google that those channels were on temporary UHF frequencies for the last few years but now are back on their original VHF frequencies only sending digital (at least that's what I was lead to believe).  So I think I need a combo UHF/VHF antennae now to get them.  It kind of pisses me off.  I would have just bought and aimed a combo antennae from the start if I thought that could happen.  Even their little clips on how to receive the new channel on their web site showed using a VHF
 antennae still.  I didn't know that was even going to be allowed.

Since you lost across the board, not just on some channels, that might not be your problem but worth checking into before you start looking at amplifiers.