[mythtv-users] hdhomerun scan produces pound signs

Jay Foster jayf0ster at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 15 20:57:15 UTC 2009

> When you say 'currently broadcasting at lower power' are
> you implying
> that that is going to change?  I ask because I live in
> an apartment in
> Glendale and since the transistion I can't even pick up
> KTTV and, while
> I can scan and get KCOP, I can't get a lock.  KABC and
> channel 9 are
> fine.  This is with an indoor VHF antenna attached to
> an HDHomerun. I'm
> only about 12 miles from the transmitter according to
> tvfool.

I don't have any direct knowledge, just what I've read on my local HDTV forum, such as:

"Seems that KTTV 11.1 FOX from LA is only broadcasting at ERP 15Kw. They have an application with the FCC to boost to 115Kw"

and

"KCET is co-channel with XHJK-TV on channel 28, with ERP of 155KW. They have a pending application to maximize power at 1000kw.

There are other stations with pending applications to maximize (KABC 7 ERP now 25kw, want 28.7kw, KTTV11 15kw/115Kw). KCOP 13 is approved for 120kw but their post transition facility was 13.4kw.  I'm guessing those changes if approved should take some weeks to complete. I remember reading about traffic restrictions on Mount Wilson."

Jay