[mythtv-users] scte65scan and Schedules Direct XMLID's

Matt Beadon matt.beadon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 19:22:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Steve Lawrence <steve.lawrence at comcast.net
> wrote:

> I just recently fiddled around with the scte65scan (
> http://scte65scan.sourceforge.net/ )
>
> and got it working with my hdhomerun - ./scte65scan -H FFFFFFFF -f 3 -p
> us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 > vct.sql
>
> Looking in that sql command set though, I figure its removing all my
> currently channels, adding in the ones it's found - with callsigns and
> channel numbers (fabulous!). This is great and saves me hours of work I was
> doing previously, what with manually tuning to a channel, figuring out what
> it is and then manually checking Schedules Direct for its callsign, XMLID
> and manually editing the channel info.
>
> And there lies my rub : If I'm correct - this script is going to wipe out
> all my XMLID info for the channels I've manually created, correct?

correct

And this script has no way of putting them back,

As it says in the docs for scte65scan you could restore from your backup DB
that you created before importing to the vct.sql

> so I have to re-manually-enter the XMLID for my guide data?

No, mythifilldatabase will do this assuming your lineup is setup correctly.
Note that many people have been tricked into thinking that it didn't add the
XMLIDs because the default mythfilldatabase will only make the changes to
tomorrow's listings IIRC.  Patience and/or the right mythfilldatabase
command will sort this out.