[mythtv-users] Message: Video is 3.00615 frames behind audio

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sun Jun 14 18:57:52 UTC 2009

HI!

For many recordings, I get messages like this almost exactly every 5
minutes(!), if I enable verbose playback log:

NVP: Video is 3.00615 frames behind audio (too slow), dropping frame to
catch up.

On other recordings, I get this message only sometimes or never. It
happens on different stations, I see no pattern.

I think, I can see this as a short hickup while watching.

Also, every now and then, I get messages like this:
NVP: Video is 30 frames ahead of audio,
                        doubling video frame interval to slow down.

2009-06-14 20:33:21.601 NVP: Video is 30 frames behind audio (too slow),
dropping frame to catch up.

[lots of more messages like this during the next 2 seconds]

And this case can be easily seen as short stuttering during playback.

When I play the file with mplayer, I cannot see stuttering on that position.

I am using DVB-S (MPEG2) with 0.21-fixes.

Any idea? Thanks!

Thomas