[mythtv-users] Parental Controls for Recordings?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 14:50:28 UTC 2009

I have learned how to work with the parental controls in the "Watch
Videos" screens, but wondered about doing the same thing for the
"Watch Recordings" screens.  Is there a similar way to use the
parental control setting in the Video Manager to show/hide individual
recordings?  I know I can set a password on a recording group, but
that still leaves the recording group visible and **flags** it by
preventing viewing without the password.  Kinda presents a challenge
to be conquered to a clever mini-me.  I also looked into the
"Browsable" control in the Video Manager, but what does it do?  I
haven't been able to determine what is changed when this is toggled to
"no" instead of the default "yes".

Craig.