[mythtv-users] DTV Transition

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 13 11:50:32 UTC 2009

On 06/12/2009 08:50 PM, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> Unfortunately, I found that I had to do a "Delete all tuners" and re-add
> them.
>
> Most unfortunately, now all my recording schedules that had a specific
> chanel say "Record any time on chanel ."
>
> That is the one flaw  in the often glibly given advice to "just" delete all
> tuners and re-add them.

Just make all your callsigns identical to what you had before.  I.e. if
you changed them before, change them again.  If you didn't change them
before, but the network is sending some other callsign, change it to
what you had.

Or, do it right and don't use "this channel" recording rules (as the
"any channel" is really a better choice).

Mike "91 any-channel rules, 0 this-channel rules" Dean