[mythtv-users] strange VDPAU issue

James Orr james.orr7 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 07:12:55 UTC 2009

I have a rather odd VDPAU issue, it only seems to be affecting one channel,
the local CBS station.

If I go to the channel through Live TV, everything seems to work.  If I try
to watch a recording from that channel, even something that I'd just watched
through Live TV, it will not play.  It just goes black for a while than says
there was an error.

On the frontend log I get a lot of errors like this ....

2009-06-13 03:06:44.170 [mpegvideo_vdpau @ 0xb737f028]get_buffer() failed (0
1073741824 2 (nil))
2009-06-13 03:06:44.170 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error

If I turn off VDPAU the file does play (with stuttering of course).