[mythtv-users] PBS interlacing not working - Was: Cyberchase and de-interlacing

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 23:21:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Yan Seiner<yan at seiner.com> wrote:

> On Fri, June 12, 2009 3:57 pm, Blammo wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Yan Seiner<yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>>> Well, I just submitted a "Reception Report" to Oregon Public
>>> Broadcasting.
>>>  As tomorrow is the DTV deadline, I expect that will be ignored while
>>> they
>>> deal with Aunt Mabel telling them to fix their transmitters as her 27
>>> year
>>> old Zenith just went black.  :-)
>>
>> For what it's worth, you aren't the only one having this problem.. I'm
>> in OPB territory as well, and anything I record off 10.2, I have to
>> set the de-interlacer manually. When I go to playback stuff for the
>> kids, it's "zoom, video scan:interlaced" as the first two things after
>> "play".
>
> Then can you file a Reception Report as well?  And point them to this
> discussion?  If enough people complain, maybe we can get someone in
> engineering to actually look at this.
>
> --
> Yan Seiner, PE

For what it's worth, more than a year ago one local PBS affiliate near
me (central NJ) was sending a bad signal...in this case, with help
from some folks on the dev list, I was able to determine that they
were sending an incorrect PID.  MythTV wouldn't lock onto the station
at all.  I emailed them about it and it got fixed within a little more
than a day.  I was never able to figure out if my email had anything
to do with it however.

Tom