[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX-C Warning to all current and future owners of this board

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:00:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Jeff
Thurston<jthurston at skyline-ats.com> wrote:
>> Check your board POST very carefully. Disable quiet & slow boot.
>> Mine says in White-on-Gray text in the bottom left corner during POST:
>>
>> "EVALUATION COPY - NOT FOR SALE."
>> It's probably just something that was overlooked before the release cycle
>> of the board, but still, I thought others might like to be aware of this
>> since it seems a LOT of people are buying this board. Perhaps there is a
>> BIOS fix for it.

There is a BIOS update (dated May 2009) available on the Zotac support
site.  My IONITX came with the latest bios, but sounds like you may
have received an earlier one.  The only downside that I could see, is
it appeared that you can only run the updater from with Windoze.

http://www.zotacusa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1379