[mythtv-users] Fedora 11 and MythTV

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 04:36:54 UTC 2009

Yes, I installed F11 on one of my systems the day after said version
was released. I figured it would be fun to see the changes, and to see
if anything broke.

Well, the MythTV frontend is one of the broken items.

When I start it, I get "ERROR: But MythTV has not been compiled with
Pulse Audio disabling support".

As an experiment, I removed pulseaudio, rebooted, then tried the front
end again. This time it segfaulted.

The error is mystifying because MythTV WAS compiled for PulseAudio in
F10. It's annoying because I can't run it in F11 with or without
PulseAudio installed.

Does someone have a solution for this? Must I recompile MythTV with
PulseAudio support?  Or should I NOT upgrade my other systems until
this has been fixed in development?

Calvin Dodge