[mythtv-users] DTV Transition

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 11 18:07:38 UTC 2009

On 06/11/2009 01:52 PM, Johnny wrote:
>> If you knew the frequency* and transport you could presumably muck directly
>> with the database values.
>>
>> As far as I know, Channel Editor can't be used to change frequency and
>> transport information once the channel is created. You get a screen that
>> allows those values to be tweaked when you create a new channel, but not
>> while editing an existing one. If anyone knows otherwise, please post here!
>>
> I haven't messed with channels much, so I am just guessing, but is
> what you need in mythweb? Go to settings -> TV -> Channel Info. There
> you can edit each channel with the following fields: xmltvid,	channum,
> callsign, name, freqid, finetune, videofilters, and more.

Don't do that for digital, though.  You'll need a rescan.  You can
either do the guaranteed to work full rescan into a completely clean
database (i.e. after a Delete all video sources -
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 ), or
you can try updating your existing channels with a rescan on top of what
you have.

Mike