[mythtv-users] New system w poor quality picture

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Jun 11 10:34:41 UTC 2009

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Paul Gardiner<lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>> Jim Morton wrote:
>>> nowhere near as clean and clear as direct from antenna to TV. This is OTA
>>> only from an HD digital antenna.
>> Excuse my ignorance: what's "an HD digital antenna"? Are there TVs out
>> there that will take a direct connection to a satellite dish?
>
> who said anything about satellite?

Ok, what about the first part of the question?: What's "an HD digital
antenna?"  I'm in the UK. All we have that you can pick up with an
aerial is Freeview which is SD only. For HD it's either satellite or
cable. I'm just interested to know how things work elsewhere.

Maybe you read my question as sarcasm? It wasn't intended that way.

Paul.