[mythtv-users] Network Recorder for MPEG IP Stream

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 06:04:05 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 5:39 PM, jgmtfia Mr<jgmtfia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to use the Network Recorder to capture an MPEG IP
> stream via the network?  This is not an IPTV stream, just a plain MPEG
> UDP stream from a source to the mythtv box.

I think it depends on the protocol you are streaming with, eg http,
rtp, rtsp etc.

But to do it you need to set up an m3u file which points to the
stream, and then put the m3u file somewhere the backend can download
it.

There are some clues to streaming from vlc to myth, which includes
clues as to the format of the m3u file and how to associate each
stream with a channel number and xmltvid here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Multiple_Recordings_with_VLC