[mythtv-users] crash during channel switch

Z F mail4me9999 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 11 05:24:25 UTC 2009

Hello everybody,

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Z F <mail4me9999 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Z F <mail4me9999 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: crash during channel switch
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Date: Monday, June 8, 2009, 1:02 AM
> hello everybody,
>
> I am experiencing a strange problem with channel
> switching.
>
> I am using digital cable (brooklyn NY, USA) QAM-256,
> pinnacle 800i card
> kernel 2.6.26
>
> When channel switch involves change in the frequency
> transport, the
> operation causes LiveTV to crash and return to the main
> mythtv menu
> with an error that "error was encontered while displaying
> video"
> Switch between the channels which use the same frequency
> does not
> cause any errors and works.
>
> I have noticed that I can switch to any channel on any
> frequncy succesfuly
> if I first tune to this channel
> WFUT:795000000:QAM_256:121:122:44
>
> Than situation repeats with the current frequency.
> Basically, to change the frequency I have to go through 795
> MHz..
>
> I have tried increasing vaious timeouts in acquring locka
> and channel switching, but that did not help.
>
> Any ideas on what could be the problem?
>
> Thanks

I can add to the description of the problem now.
Since I have added the standard definition DTV channels, the problem
is interesting.
I can not switch form HD to HD channel which are running on different frequencies. I can switch HD to HD if the are on the same transport.
However, that said, if I switch to  a standard definition DTV channel, I can go to any other channel afterwards. I have also noticed on OSD menu
that the tuner can not seem to acquire the frequncy lock during HD-to-HD switch. Does anybody have an idea of what this could be?

Thanks a lot

ZF