[mythtv-users] Gmane? or list-splitting

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jun 11 04:24:41 UTC 2009

Richard Freeman wrote:
> Brad Fuller wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Brian Wood<beww at beww.org> wrote:
>>> I'd think that any MUA that will thread messages would solve your
>>> problem, just ignore the threads you aren't interested in, or even delete
>>> the entire thread with a single click.
>> That's what I do. Works great.
>>

> Yes and no - the problem is that often I have thousands of messages to go
> through and delete, and that is slow - at least on thunderbird.

Two choices:
Click on the top of the date/time column in your inbox/myth folder, to
sort by new date. Click again to sort by oldest first. Then click on the
  top of the title column to sort alphabetically and remain in
newest-last order.
Select the first of a thread and click. Shift click on the last item,
and all between are marked. Press delete.
Entire threads deleted almost instantly.

Second choice:
Use Edit -> select all, and move everything to Trash.
Read posts in the Trash folder. Do not delete anything. selevt and move
anything you want to keep. When done, Empty the Trash.

second method is great for when you come back from a break and find you
have over a thousand posts to read.

Geoff